Product launch copy for marketing on social media
Social media is one of the best opportunities for owned media coverage. Different platforms that you may use have with millions, if not billions, of people who may want to engage with your content.
The key to successful social media marketing on your announcement is to craft a message that:
- Fits the platform you’re posting on
- Uses the same language of your target audience
- Sparks conversation or engagement
Fits the platform
Each social media platform has a personality or vibe. It’s important to make sure that the message you craft fits how users of the platform communicate.
- Character limits on posts
- Use of images, emojis, memes, and gifs
- Style of communication or general focus of the platform (especially relevant for niche platforms)
When you’re ready, schedule your posts. Some common social media management tools are:
Focus on your target audience
On top of having a personality, different platforms have different audiences (or, the same people will interact differently on different platforms). Paying attention to this will help you craft social messaging the stands out to your target audience.
Pay attention to:
- Words your audience uses
- Other topics your audience talks about
- How your audience likes to learn (images, videos, etc.)
Spark conversation and engagement
Social media platforms are all about community building and conversation. They took the random conversations you may have with strangers in public and put them on the internet. With that in mind, writing social copy should be about sparking conversations and engagement.
Try things like:
- Using relevant memes or gifs
- Asking questions
- Putting out a poll
- Tying your social copy into a current trending topic (be careful here – trends can go negative quickly)